Important: Use custom search function to get better results from our thousands of pages

Use " " for compulsory search eg:"electronics seminar" , use -" " for filter something eg: "electronics seminar" -"/tag/" (used for exclude results from tag pages)
Tags: Automatic, Number, Plate, Recognition,
Ask More Info Of  A Seminar Ask More Info Of A Project Post Reply  Follow us on Twitter
15-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Thumbs Up Automatic Number Plate Recognition
Automatic Number Plate Recognition

Introduction
Automatic Number Plate Recognition or ANPR is a technology that uses pattern recognition to 'read' vehicle number plates.
" work by tracking vehicles' travel time between two fixed points, and therefore calculate the average speed
"In simple terms ANPR cameras 'photograph' the number plates of the vehicles that pass them. This 'photograph' is then fed in a computer system to find out details about the driver and owner of the vehicle and details about the vehicle itself
"ANPR consists of cameras linked to a computer.
"As a vehicle passes, ANPR 'reads' Vehicle Registration Marks - more commonly known as number plates - from digital images, captured through cameras located either in a mobile unit, in-built in traffic vehicles or via Closed Circuit Television (CCTV).
"The digital image is converted into data, which is processed through the ANPR system.
ANPR is used for Detecting crime through the use of intelligence monitoring.

o Identifying stolen vehicles.
oDetecting vehicle document crime
oelectronic toll collection etc.

There are six primary algorithms that the software requires for identifying a licence plate:

1.Plate localisation - responsible for finding and isolating the plate on the picture
2.Plate orientation and sizing - compensates for the skew of the plate and adjusts the dimensions to the required size
3.Normalisation - adjusts the brightness and contrast of the image
4.Character segmentation - finds the individual characters on the plates
5.5.Optical character recognition6.Syntactical/Geometrical analysis - check characters and positions against country specific rules

oPoor image resolution, usually because the plate is too far away but sometimes resulting from the use of a low-quality camera.
oBlurry images, particularly motion blur and most likely on mobile units
oPoor lighting and low contrast due to overexposure, reflection or shadows
oAn object obscuring the plate, quite often a tow bar, or dirt on the plate
oA different font, popular for vanity plates
oCircumvention techniques
oAutomatic number plate recognition (ANPR) is a mass surveillance method that uses optical character recognition on images to read the licence plates on vehicles. As of 2006 systems can scan number plates at around one per second on cars travelling up to 100 mph (160 km/h). They can use existing closed-circuit television or road-rule enforcement cameras, or ones specifically designed for the task. They are used by various police forces and as a method of electronic toll collection on pay-per-use roads, and monitoring traffic activity such as red light adherence in an intersection.

Please Use Search http://www.seminarprojects.com/search.php wisely To Get More Information About A Seminar Or Project Topic
31-07-2010, 09:24 PM
RE: Automatic Number Plate Recognition
Big Grin Automatic Number Plate Recognition plz send me full report

Please Use Search http://seminarprojects.com/search.php wisely To Get More Information About A Seminar Or Project Topic
01-08-2010, 10:30 AM
please send me full report i want project standard

Please Use Search http://seminarprojects.com/search.php wisely To Get More Information About A Seminar Or Project Topic
02-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Thank you for the introduction on Automatic Number Plate Recognition i will to use this topic as a project as partial fulfillment of bachelor of science i will be glad if you can give me details report on this topic and if you a project topic that you can give me full download of it. please i have few weeks to submit my project.
Thank you

29-07-2011, 04:47 PM
pls send me the project report on ANPR system
Rating Automatic Number Plate Recognition Options
Share Automatic Number Plate Recognition To Your Friends :- Seminar Topics Bookmark

Marked Categories : anpr seminar presentation ppt, number plate recognition report ppt, number plate recognition, number plate recognition project, automatica number plates reconization seminar repot, anpr electronics seminar, automatic number plate recognition seminar report, license plate recognition project report, automatic number plate recognition project, seminar topic number systm, seminar on number plate recognization, report on number plate identification, power point presentation for digital image processing vehicle number plates recognition for computerscience, latest automatic number plate recognition techniques ppt, seminar on automatic number plate recognition,

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  AUTOMATIC RAILWAY SIGNAL project maker 0 52 26-07-2014 10:41 AM
Last Post: project maker
  AUTOMATIC ROOM LIGHT CONTROLLER PPT seminar projects maker 0 117 17-05-2014 04:22 PM
Last Post: seminar projects maker
  An Efficient Algorithm for iris pattern Recognition using 2D Gabor Wavelet Trans computer science crazy 6 6,856 09-05-2014 10:20 AM
Last Post: mkaasees
  6-speed automatic transmission 09D seminar projects maker 0 105 24-04-2014 04:42 PM
Bug Automatic Induction Motor Starter with Programmable Timer Computer Science Clay 6 12,932 12-04-2014 10:32 AM
Last Post: mkaasees
  DESIGN OF AUTOMATIC CHANGE OVER SWITCH WITH GENERATOR CONTROL MECHANISM pdf seminar projects maker 0 426 25-09-2013 12:54 PM
  AUTOMATIC PLANT IRRIGATION SYSTEM seminar ideas 3 1,579 28-08-2013 09:19 AM
Last Post: study tips
  SQUARE OF A NUMBER USING LOOK UP TABLE study tips 0 270 03-08-2013 02:38 PM
  SMALLEST NUMBER IN AN ARRAY OF DATA study tips 0 189 03-08-2013 02:31 PM
  LARGEST NUMBER IN AN ARRAY OF DATA study tips 0 235 03-08-2013 02:30 PM
This Page May Contain What is Automatic Number Plate Recognition And Latest Information/News About Automatic Number Plate Recognition,If Not ...Use Search to get more info about Automatic Number Plate Recognition Or Ask Here

Options: