Important: Use custom search function to get better results from our thousands of pages

Use " " for compulsory search eg:"electronics seminar" , use -" " for filter something eg: "electronics seminar" -"/tag/" (used for exclude results from tag pages)
Tags: Automatic, Phase, Selector, Automatic Phase Selector APS, Automatic Phase Selector APS ppt, Automatic Phase Selector APS pdf, automatic phase selector, automatic phase selector circuit, automatic phase correction, automatic phase sequence corrector, automatic phase changer chennai, automatic phase shifter, automatic phase changer circuit diagram, automatic phase changer circuit, automatic phase changer project,
Ask More Info Of  A Seminar Ask More Info Of A Project Post Reply  Follow us on Twitter
15-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Automatic Phase Selector (APS)
Abstract:
Auto Phase Selector (APS) system is used to ensure continuous supply to load in case mains supply is not healthy. This unit is very useful at the sites at which mains supply is irregular. It may be sometimes very high or sometimes very low voltage. The frequent failures/fluctuations of power affects life of power plant and battery. The objective of the APS is to ensure that there is continued commercial power supplied to the site at all times so as to ensure that the Base Transceiver Station (BTS) runs on commercial power until all available phases are either out of electrical tolerance or completely off. This is a micro controller based unit and is used with three phase electrical supply. Whenever the supply of one or two phases of a three phase electrical line goes off, the APS system automatically distributes the electrical supply from the active phase to the failed phases. This ensures continuous power supply through all the three phases even if one phase is active.

Please Use Search http://seminarprojects.com/search.php wisely To Get More Information About A Seminar Or Project Topic
08-07-2010, 10:57 AM
RE: Automatic Phase Selector (APS)
Sir. I will be glad to have a detail information on this project. Thanks for your good works.

Please Use Search http://seminarprojects.com/search.php wisely To Get More Information About A Seminar Or Project Topic
05-04-2011, 05:12 AM
I'm working on my final year project and i need info on automatic phase selector; actually between three phases. How can i get info on a past similar work that has been done before now?
Thanks

05-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi, Danno4krist
To do the switching need to use SSR's, Solid State Relays, they can react in one half of a cycle. However being jumping from phase to phase have some phase overlap issues that would require a added half cycle delay between shut off one phase to the connection of another phase. Plus switching phases on the go will cause some possible spiking issues due to the AC current cycles jumping ahead or back 120 degrees time wise.

However to get a reasonable voltage reading off each phase it would still take a few cycles for the system to accurately detect a low voltage condition and make the needed choice of which phase line is the best next alternative.

might be to use back to back SCR's as the switching elements, with phase and voltage detection to decide on the switching action.
As one phase goes low, turn that phase off and turn the other phase on. If done right this might work if the lines dont go down too often in a day.
It would surely be a good idea to test this in a simulator first however to make sure the switching matrix method works ok. There will most likely have to be phase detection to get the switching action correct.
For the switching, perhaps a micro controller or PROM and associated comparators to make the decisions.

If the switching SCR's dont work because of too much phase overlap, have to use an alternate means such as a transistor with bridge rectifier. I think you would have to analyze the effect of switching one phase to the other first anyway though, the effect on the load. The load may have to take a brief interruption in power. If that's not a problem, SCR's would work ok.

08-10-2012, 01:57 PM
i want the circuit diagram of phase selector for my project and some detailed info about its working...i;ll be glad if u help me...
Rating Automatic Phase Selector (APS) Options
Share Automatic Phase Selector (APS) To Your Friends :- Seminar Topics Bookmark

Marked Categories : autometic phase selector, circuit diagram of automatic active phase selector, automatic active phase selector, automatic active phase selector for single phase load from three phase suppl, automatic phase changer project report, three phase changer automatic project, automatic active phase selector how to use in three phase, project report on automatic three phase changer, circuit diagram for automatic active phase selector for single phase load from three phase supply, three phase selector, 3 phase selector, autumatic phase selector, phase selector, automatic three phase selector, automatic phase selctor, atomatic phase selector, automatic phase selector,

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  dc ac driver with voltage frequency control using h-bridge inverter for a 3-phase ind subine 0 66 18-11-2014 04:35 PM
Last Post: subine
  dc ac driver with voltage frequency control using h-bridge inverter for a 3-phase ind subine 0 49 18-11-2014 02:51 PM
  single phase improed power quality ac dc converters subine 0 54 17-11-2014 02:44 PM
  single phase improeved power quality ac dc converters subine 0 29 17-11-2014 02:39 PM
  Artificial Intelligence based automatic path finding video cum analysing robot seminar code 0 6 15-11-2014 02:07 PM
Last Post: seminar code
  3 phase protection system seminar code 0 75 15-11-2014 11:30 AM
  Three phase fault analysis with auto reset on temporaryfault or permenanttrip otherwi seminar code 0 50 15-11-2014 10:41 AM
  Sinusoidal Pulse Width Modulation Based inverter fed to 3 phase induction motor seminar code 0 51 15-11-2014 10:26 AM
  SINGLE PHASE FAULT ANALYSIS AND CONTROL WITH GSM seminar code 0 39 15-11-2014 10:25 AM
  Automatic Room Light Controller With bidirectional Visitor Counter seminar code 0 64 15-11-2014 10:06 AM
This Page May Contain What is Automatic Phase Selector (APS) And Latest Information/News About Automatic Phase Selector (APS),If Not ...Use Search to get more info about Automatic Phase Selector (APS) Or Ask Here

Options: